Monday, October 11, 2010

Tiny's Cake

Also this weekend I had the privilege of making a cake for another dear friend that I have know all my life, Becky..  Her family planned a great 80th Birthday Party for her wonderful dad Tiny,(he has always been a special person to me, he is such a neat man, with a big heart)...  It was a fun cake, with many challenges...  We had to transport this cake over an hour to it's location..  The road was not straight or flat!!!  I think I counted 4 train tacks that we had to cross!!  I had to make sure I brought my "Cake Doctor Kit" because that cake sure needed some work when we got to Live Oak..  But believe it or not I didn't cry!!  Scott helped me keep it together.  We were able to fix the problems that the car ride caused and make it look good for a great man..  Thank you to the Family for having me and letting me make this special cake for Tiny!!  It's was fishing themed party and cake.  I really liked making the two men (Tiny and his brother Paul) I molded rice crispy treats and covered them in Fondant as well as the Boat.  Then I make a bunch of ducks out of gum paste and fondant as well at the cattails.  The trees were waffle cones that I cut and covered in buttercream. Hope you Enjoy.


1 comment: