Saturday, January 15, 2011

Skittles 13th Birthday Cake!!

A couple of weeks ago a really nice lady ordered a surprise 13th birthday cake for her daughter Jaimee...  The cake was three layers of red velvet with a buttercream filling, covered in white fondant with black, teal, green and purple flowers all over the cake and on top a big sparkly number 13.  The mother told me that her daughters nickname was skittles (she loves skittles) and she asked me if I could make the border around the cake look like skittles to match the flowers.  I made fondant balls and placed them around the cake, then wrote little "S" on them to look like skittles...  I really enjoyed making this cake, I hope to make another one someday, the flowers were so much fun!!  Thanks for looking....




                      

1 comment: